Effective interventions in times of social distancing
In these uncertain times, health & safety are paramount. Traditionally, many of our interventions involve face-to-face contact and people working closely together in order to collaborate. In many cases, that is no longer an option, especially in time of mandatory or voluntary social distancing or quarantine. This forces us, like other companies, to think outside the box. Fortunately, we already have great experiences leveraging technology to deliver similar (or sometimes better) experiences and services to our clients. And we’re learning every day.
We have learnt (by doing) that there is a lot you can accomplish in a virtual way:
- facilitate virtual collaboration in projects and distributed teams
- facilitate co-creation & dialogue
- facilitate intimate, one-on-one conversations (using booth voice and video)
- facilitate guided learning & remote monitoring
- facilitate team report-outs & broad, impactful communications
- facilitate informal chatting (‘chirping’) & team bonding
To do this, there is a wide range of inexpensive (and often free) tools available: from Hangouts, Drive and SharePoint to Skype, Zoom and OneNote; from email, phone and Whatsapp to Evernote, Webex and Slack. In our experience, these are more than adequate ways to stay connected and keep the process moving. Why don’t we give it a try?